Incoming Inmate Information
- 1 Wedding Ring (no stones)
- Eyeglasses (soft case only) / Contacts w/ storage container; Lens cleaner (unopened) (if approved by the Medical Department)
- Prescription Medication (if approved by the Medical Department otherwise will be discarded)
- Limited Legal Materials / legal writing tablet
- 10 Photographs (no nude photos) / 10 Letters and/or Cards
- 1 Religious Text (i.e. Bible, Koran)
- 1 Necklace w/ religious medallion (not bigger than 50 cent piece/Total value not to exceed $50)
- Comb (No pointed end) (NO PICKS or Brushes)
- 3 T-Shirts ( White Crew-Neck Only w/ no decals and no pockets)
- 3 Underwear/Panties
- 3 Pair White Socks
- 3 Washcloths
- 3 Personal Towels
- Toothpaste (unopened)
- Deodorant (unopened and alcohol free)
- Shampoo (unopened clear bottle)
- Sneakers (only if worn into the institution and No metal parts)
- Cash or Money Order
- Personal Property (i.e. wallet, keys, jewelry etc.)(to be placed in storage until such time inmate is transferred/released or items are released to the custody of designee) any items left for 30 days after release will be destroyed.
Any items not listed or in excess of the above quantities will not be accepted and will be returned to the transporting official or discarded. For those staying 72 hrs. or less, it is recommended not to bring anything. This will help speed-up your processing.
The Prison provides the essential hygiene items to all inmates. Those residing for one week or less should not expect to receive canteen during their stay/ Chester County Prison is not responsible for any Personal Property or Clothing lost, damaged or stolen. This memorandum supersedes any and all previous correspondence on this subject.