Programs & Services
The Chester County Department of Emergency Services offers a number of Public Education opportunities for the citizens and organizations of Chester County.
These programs allow citizens to see how the 9-1-1 System works and to learn how to prepare for emergencies.
9-1-1 Education Programs
Click here to fill out a request form for any of the below programs and services.
Chester County Department of Emergency Services has opened the 9-1-1 Center to anyone or any group who would be interested in taking a tour. We provide an explanation of 9-1-1 and important information that you need to know when you dial 9-1-1 for help. The tour provides insight on what goes on behind the scenes to get help to you. The tour is approximately 1 hour and includes handouts to take home. Tours can be scheduled either during the day time or evening hours. Appropriate for ages 5 and up.
The Department of Emergency Services is available to come to your Community Event or Open House. We can provide a table display with information literature on various topics of emergency services. Our equipment is also available for display:
- Comm 1 - mobile communications vehicle - is used at large, multi-disciplined incidents for communications at the incident and to the 9-1-1 Center
- IST Trailer - Incident Support Team Trailer - is used at large, multi-disciplined incidents as a command post
- HazMat Response Vehicle - Hazardous Materials Response Team Vehicle - is used for incidents where hazardous materials may be involved. The vehicles store specialized equipment and are used to transport the response team to the incident.
Emergency Medical Services - staff is available to attend your event to provide a table display and offer information on the Emergency Medical Services in Chester County.
9-1-1 Public Education - staff available to attend your event to provide a display of handouts and provide information to help better understand what information is needed when you have an emergency and when you should call.
Costume Characters - The Department also has available Character Costumes:
- Wally the Wise Guy: is a turtle - a very WISE turtle - because he knows whenever there is danger he’s safe when he goes inside his shell. Wally teaches children (and their parents) how to be safe during a chemical emergency.
- Eddie the EMT - Eddie the EMT spends his time helping on an ambulance when they pick up a sick person and takes them to a hospital. When he is not doing that, he is spending his days going to talk to adults and kids about what happens when an ambulance comes to your house. And in his free time, he is learning how to become a better EMT by taking classes and going to trainings.
- Chester, the 9-1-1 Bear - Chester helps our staff teach about how and when to use 9-1-1.
All programs are offered free of charge as a service to our community.
- 9-1-1 Public Information
Chester County Department of Emergency Services
601 Westtown Road, Suite 12
West Chester, PA 19380