In 2018, Chester County Parks will sponsor three special events that award food vendor space through an application process:
- April 28 - Sheep & Wool Day at Springton Manor Farm (no rain date)
- July 7 - Freedom Fest at Nottingham County Park(rain date - July 8)
- August 11 - Old Fiddlers’ Picnic at Hibernia County Park (rain date - August 12)
The County shall determine the number and type of vendors needed for each event theme and size. See the Overview Chart below for event details. Only one application form is required to apply. One application form is due by Wednesday, February 28 for ALL events.
- To be considered as a food vendor at one or more events, complete and send the 2018 Food Vendor Application Form with the $60 application fee to: Program Coordinator, 860 Springton Road, Glenmoore, PA 19343. Please be sure to mark which event(s) you are interested in attending. Vendors new to Chester County Park events are required to submit a photo of their concession. The application form must be received by Wednesday, February 28, 2018 to receive full consideration. Check payable to Treasurer of Chester County.
- Applications will be reviewed and vendors selected per the Food Vendor Guidelines.The County cannot guarantee space for all applicants; consideration will be given based on event theme, space available, electric needs, amount of duplicated products and required criteria.
- Vendors will be notified of their status by March 9, 2018. Those invited to attend a Chester County Park event will receive information on how to confirmation participation. Vendors whom the County does not select will have payment returned.
2018 Events Overview
Below is a summary of the 2018 Chester County Parks events that require an application process for food vendors. For smaller events, food vendors are individually solicited based on desired menu items, proximity to the park, and previous experience.
|Event||Sheep & Wool Day||Freedom Fest||Old Fiddlers' Picnic|
|Theme:||Sheep shearing, farm animals,
wagon rides, artisans & crafts,
|Independence holiday event
with activity vendors, live music
and firework display
|Music lovers gather outdoors to
celebrate traditional music. Dancing,
Mansion tours, craft vendors,
|Date:||Saturday, April 28||Saturday, July 7||Saturday, August 11|
|Rain Date:||N/A||Sunday, July 8||Sunday, August 12|
|Event Time:||11 AM - 3 PM||6 PM - 11 PM||10 AM - 4 PM|
|Location:||Springton Manor Farm
860 Springton Road
Glenmoore, PA 19343
|Nottingham County Park
150 Park Road
Nottingham, PA 19362
|Hibernia County Park
1 Park Road
Coatesville, PA 19320
|3,000 - 3,500||8,000 - 10,000||2,500 - 3,000|
|Space Size:||20 x 20 in grass field||10 x 10 in grass field||20 x 20 in grass field|
|Fee:||$60 per space||$120 - Non-profit
$240 - Five or less menu items
$360 - Six or more menu items
|$60 per space|
For All Events:
- If there is a rain date, vendor must commit to both dates or forfeit fee(s). If the event is successfully held on the original date, vendor has no further obligation.
- We do not offer tables, chairs or protection from the weather. Vendor is responsible for setting up, maintaining and removing own booth and products.
- Vendors are required to be on site for the length of the event and may not vacate early.
- All electrical needs must be listed on the application. All generators must be approved by County staff.
Vendors awarded a space must provide the following by April 6:
- Balance of fees (if applicable)
- Proof of licensing from the Chester County Health Department
- A current Certificate of Insurance valid for the event date(s) showing:
- General liability coverage with a minimum per occurrence limit of $1,000,000
- Worker's Compensation and Employee Liability Coverage
- The County of Chester names as Certificate Holder and as Additional Insured