Pocopson Home, situated among beautiful rolling hillsides in Chester County, Pennsylvania, officially opened April 20th, 1951. In 1971, a five-story circular building was completed that is known as the Jones Building. The original West Wing building has undergone renovations which were completed in 1981. The Home is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health to provide services for 275 residents.
The township and the village of Pocopson, named for the stream that flows through it, came from an Indian word meaning "roaring waters". The Home is located just 2 miles north of Longwood Gardens, on Route 52 in West Chester, Pennsylvania.
Pocopson Home is known for its reputation of providing quality care and services for its residents. It is the philosophy of the Home that every person served will receive high quality medical/nursing care in a dignified and pleasant environment which promotes the psychological, social, spiritual, recreational and rehabilitative development of the individual. These services will be rendered in a functional facility that is sanitary, safe and comfortable. All disciplines will strive to maintain, promote and preserve the rights and dignity of all those entrusted to our care.