All dogs three months of age and older must be licensed by January 1 of each year. Violators will be cited up to $300 per violation, plus court costs.
- Purchase a dog license online with a credit/debit card or echeck. After completion of payment, a proof of license can be printed and the license and tag will be mailed to you the following business day.
- Print the dog license application and mail in along with payment. Mail payment to:
Lifetime Dog License
- Print Lifetime dog license application and Permanent ID Verification form. Mail in with payment.
- Dogs must be microchipped to be eligible for a lifetime dog license.
- Either the veterinarian or SPCA can scan or insert a microchip. They will complete the lower portion of the Verification form.
- Be sure the veterinarian includes their BV license number. The SPCA has a kennel license number.
- The microchip number is then written on top of the verification form.
- Both forms must be returned to the Treasurer’s office within 30 days of the earliest date on either application.
- Outside Agent Listings
- Lost Dog Information
- Pennsylvania Dog Law Act
- Dangerous Dogs
- Chester County Dog Warden: Maureen Siddons - 610-909-5666
To transfer a lifetime or annual dog license, send the license number and your personal information to the county that the license was issued. List the new county and address in which the dog will be licensed. The information will then be forwarded to the new treasurer for issuance. The cost of this transaction is $1 payable to the treasurer of each county. Please make a check out to each county treasurer.
We cannot complete a change of ownership or a transfer of a license unless we have written permission with a signature from the owner of the current license.
A duplicate tag can be obtained by written request, accompanied by a fee of $1.50 made payable to Chester County Treasurer. Please include a copy of the license, or as much information from the original application. Tags can be obtained immediately at our office.
If you need a copy of the license, please call our office, or email.
- Male/Female $8.50
- Neutered Male $6.50
- Spayed Female $6.50
Persons with Disability/Senior Citizen Fees
- Male/Female $6.50
- Neutered Male $4.50
- Spayed Female $4.50
Lifetime License Fees *
- Male/Female $51.50
- Neutered Male $31.50
- Spayed Female $31.50
Lifetime (Persons with Disability/Senior Citizen) Fees *
- Male/Female $31.50
- Neutered Male $21.50
- Spayed Female $21.50
For purchases of any license by check when the County is the payee, make checks payable to "Chester County Treasurer".