PHORID FLY HOTLINE. If you have been seeing phorid flies in your home or business or if you have questions pertaining to phorid flies, please call the Penn State Extension's Phorid Fly Hotline at 1-833-574-6743. Information received will help in ongoing research and testing being conducted by Penn State.
EFFECTIVE 4/29/2019 - E&S REVIEW FEE INCREASE. See the new Application and Fee Schedule for District E&S Services. Please use this form for submissions starting Monday, April 29, 2019. TIMBER HARVESTS - PLEASE NOTE: Timber Harvests also now have their own separate Timber Harvest Application Form, Policy, and E&S Packet and price increase going into effect on Monday, April 29, 2019, too.
“RETURN ON ENVIRONMENT”
The results of a study, Return on Environment: The Economic Value of Protected Open Space in Chester County, were announced during an Open Space Summit on Thursday, May 2, 2019 at the Lenfest Center at ChesLen Preserve in Newlin Township. The study—and its accompanying video—highlight the proven and substantial economic, environmental, and public health benefits of open space preservation to surrounding communities. Video: https://youtu.be/22YPRHgLucA Website: http://chescoplanning.org/openspace/roe.cfm
- April 11, 2019 Municipal Inspector/Engineer Workshop Presentations
- March 29, 2019 Engineer Workshop Presentations
- PLEASE NOTE - NPDES Notice of Intent has been updated by the DEP. Please use the new form - it has been updated to include a box for Major and Minor Amendments.
- PA DEP Bureau of Clean Water has revised the Alternative E&S and PCSM BMPs list. The document remains available through the Bureau’s E&S Resources webpage. Please see the Version History on the list to see the updates to the list. The updates include updates to the Managed Release Concept (including a new webinar video from Villanova University).
- RCPP Grant - Chesapeake Bay RCPP Information
- Five Tips for a Healthy Pond - Many earthen ponds have problems with algae, nuisance wildlife, or water quality. This video provides a few simple tips to help solve or prevent these common problems and ensure a healthy pond.
- 2019 Chester County Local Farm Products Guide highlights over 120 local farmers and producers from all around the county and features articles on the Ag Development Council's Farmer of the Year award winner, fun farms for families to visit, local wool producers, high school students learning about horticulture and more. It also includes a map of farms that sell direct to consumers and a seasonal farm products chart.
- Chester Delaware Farm Bureau Equine Survey Results
- Learn about the Spotted Lanternfly (SLF), and what action you can take to stop the spread of this invasive insect that is threatening the northeastern United States, especially southeastern Pennsylvania.