Water Information & Maps
Online Water Maps Gallery
This Maps Gallery provides “self-serve” maps of Chester County streams and related water resources information. Both PDF maps and interactive map tools (no special software or plugins required) are provided.
- PDF Maps: displays county-wide information for viewing and downloading.
- Interactive Maps: allows users to zoom in/out and search to view a desired location/area, with single-layer viewing (tabbed format) or multi-layer viewing (web map format). Chester County’s streams and lakes, watersheds, protected water uses, impairments/pollutants (2014), FEMA floodplains, soils, Urbanized Areas (2000 and 2010), etc. can be viewed.
- GIS Data Files Directory: provides access to available GIS files for downloading.
Online Water Maps Gallery
Other Related Online Map Galleries:
Disclaimer for Map Products
Information presented on these map products are for reference purposes only. The data is subject to change without notice. CCWRA and the County of Chester assume no liability in the use or application of the data. Parcel lines do not represent actual field surveys of premises. CCWRA and County of Chester make no claims as to the completeness, accuracy or content of any data contained herein, and makes no representation of any kind, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use, nor are any such warranties to be implied or inferred, with respect to the information or data furnished herein.
This information should not be relied upon as the sole basis of determination of regulatory requirements, responsibilities or responses. The relevant state/federal regulations, codes, reports and/or documents should be consulted for official designations and associated regulatory information. State/federal regulations, codes, reports and/or documents supersede the mapped information where any inconsistencies exist.These maps should not be relied upon as the sole basis of determination of regulatory requirements or responsibilities. The relevant PADEP reports and other documents should be consulted for official designations and associated regulatory information. PADEP or FEMA reports and regulations supersede this map where any conflicts exist.
PA Act 167 Stormwater Management Plans
- County-wide Act 167 Stormwater Management Plan for Chester County, PA (July 2013)
- Valley Creek Watershed Stormwater Management Plan (July 2010)
- Other Act 167 Plans completed for watersheds in Chester County, PA
List of CC Watershed Plans Completed for Waters/Watersheds in Chester County
This Compilation of all plans and studies in Chester County were conducted by various entities and agencies, some plans dating as far back as 1968. The type of plans included range from water resources inventory studies to restoration plans to watershed conservation plans. The list does not include scientific research studies that occurred in Chester County's watersheds. A sampling of some of this local research conducted by USGS can be found here.
Watersheds Plan (Planning Series)
- Watersheds: An Integrated Water Resources Plan for Chester County (2002)
- Executive Summary
- Chester County, Pennsylvania Water Resources Compendium
- Watershed Action Plans
Public Education Brochures
- What is a Watershed? (letter size format)
- Stormwater Basin Retrofit
- Reducing Stormwater and Flooding
- Maintaining Stormwater Facilities
- Managing Small Ponds
- Stream Restoration
- Caring for your Streamside Property (letter size format)
- Watershed Stewardship...It's Up To You!
- Caring for Your Lawn and Your Environment
- Surviving Summer with a Healthy Lawn
Ponds and Rain Garden Resources
- Ponds of Chester County, PA
- Rain Gardens - A how-to manual for homeowners (© University of Wisconsin)
- Rain Gardens - A household way to improve water quality in your community (© University of Wisconsin)
- Sapovits Park and Nether Providence Municipal Building Rain Gardens: Design and Construction
- Rain Gardens - A Beautiful Contribution for Cleaner Water
Chester County/USGS Cooperative Studies
- A benthic-macroinvertebrate index of biotic integrity and assessment of conditions in selected streams in Chester County, Pennsylvania, 1998-2009
- Environmental Setting, Water Budget, and Stream Assessment for the Broad Run Watershed, Chester County, PA
- Effects of Spray-Irrigated Municipal Wastewater on a Small Watershed in Chester County, Pennsylvania (Fact Sheet
- Effects of Spray-Irrigated Treated Effluent on Water Quantity and Quality, and the Fate and Transport of Nitrogen in a Small Watershed, New Garden Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Occurrence of Fecal-Indicator Bacteria and Protocols for Identification of Fecal="Contamination" Sources in Selected Reaches of the West Branch Brandywine Creek, Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Chester County Ground-Water Atlas, Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Ground-Water Resources of Big Elk Creek Basin, Pennsylvania and Maryland
- Assessment of Water Chemistry, Habitat, and Benthic Macroinvertebrates at Selected Stream-Quality Monitoring Sites in Chester County, Pennsylvania, 1998-2000
- Geology, Hydrology, and Ground-water Quality of Chester County, Pennsylvania
- CCWRA: Advancing Water Management to Meet Future Needs
- County-Wide Act 167 Stormwater Management Ordinance
- Clean, Fresh Water: Connecting Costs and Challenges
- Green Guide for Property Management
- Clean Water Partners: Make It Your Business to Reduce Water Pollution and Flooding
- A Farmer's Guide for Healthy Communities: An Introduction to Agricultural Stormwater BMPs
- Green Guide to Clean Water for Residents
- Results of PADEP Aquatic Assessment - Brandywine and Red Clay Creek Watersheds (5/20/2010)
- Pond Management